Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just another day, right?

Tomorrow I celebrate my 27th birthday. Oddly enough, it just feels like another day for me. I'm not excited, I'm not sad that I'm rapidly approaching 30, I'm just enjoying life to it's fullest. It is amazing how life changes as you get older. During childhood, you look forward to turning 16, 18 & the infamous 21. After that, though, it just isn't that important anymore, ya know?

Both my husband & my children have repeatedly asked me what I want for my birthday this year. Honestly, I cannot think of a single thing I want or need right now, except a positive pregnancy test, perhaps. Yes, we are trying for baby #6! Other than that though, life is absolutely perfect in all the right ways. My light bill may be a few days late every few months but I've got a happy, healthy family and well, there isn't anything better than that in my eyes. I look forward to my husband coming home tomorrow and making me a cake like he does every year. I look forward to my children waking up for school and telling me "Happy Birthday" and that they "Love me because I'm the best mommy in the world." How could I possibly ask for anything else?

No comments: